Saturday, February 19, 2011

Life lessons according to Spongebob Squarepants

Well, as many of you know I am the mother of 2 little boys. With the blessing
of motherhood has also sent me a lesson in one of the
most (personally speaking here) annoying and insanely addictive shows.
SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS.
Yes, I know this controversial show (to some) is where I have learned
some life lessons.
Let us start, with that greedy, red crustacean Mr. Krabbs.
You see this "shelfish" (yes, this is my attempt at being amusing) ,
little crab teaches us that there is more
to life than money. You don't really see him suffering other than the time
he lost 2 arms when he dropped his lovely dime down a drain.
Matthew 6:21
"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
Now ,Mr. Krabbs seems to have everything, a thriving business, all the money ,
and faithful friends and apparently staff. But, he is so self absorbed in making the green stuff, that he doesn't care who he hurts. (I am referring to the episode where he sells the soul of his most faithful employee Mr. Squarepants to the ever frightening Flying Dutchman for a measly 62 cents)
Let us move on, Mr. Squidward. Wow, he just amazes me in how cold he can be to others around him....This is what self absorption will get you....when you care about no one, how miserable you will become. We are to love one another as Christ has loved us. Mr. Squidward you have taught me to put others ahead of me, I would hate to be so obsessed with myself I wouldn't see the kindness and love that others are showing me.
Finally, we are getting to the grand finale....the major star of the show. Mr. Spongebob Squarepants. I think that if i could pick one character to be it would have to be him. Spongebob is a loyal friend, patient and always thinking of others. Now, come on how many of us would have a friend like Sir. Patrick and not want to rip our hair out. Alas Spongebob sticks by his friend and thinks not of himself. He also shows many times not to give up. Yes, I am referring to the episode where he is trying to be a good neighbor to sir Squidward. This yellow sea sponge that has a plethora of talents shows loyalty to all new heights.
Sponge bob reminds me of one of the many lessons that God teaches us on life....

4Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant 5or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;b 6it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. 7Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8Love never ends.

1 Corinthians 13 4-8

How much patience Spongebob has shown others. Even though no one shows him much. I have never heard Spongebob be boastful or envious. I only see joy and happiness when I look at this lesson teacher. Other than the few times that he has lost his temper, he has shown great love and joy. So many times could he bring up all the wrong that was done to him but he does not...maybe in this highly confusing at times show we could learn a few lessons if we look past the idiocy and mistreatment of poor Spongebob.

Now to make my witty statement at the end that will make you ponder life and all that God has to offer.......

Hmmm...I really don't...

I think that maybe we could be a lil more like Spongebob and overlook some of the wrongs that people do to us. To show God's love through our actions. To be a little bit more easy to please. A little bit more joyful in our serving of others and of Savior Jesus Christ. He was the definition of love, understanding, faithfulness and above all he was , is and always will be the main definition of Sacrifice. For although we may be Christians but we are also sinners cleaned and purified by the blood of the Lamb sent by God. To show us how much he loved us and cared for us he spread the arms of his only son on that cross and to show us that his arms are always going to be open to sinners like me. His arms were nailed that way. I am truly in love , with the one who gave it all for me. When he died on that Cross my sins were at his feet.

God Bless, love you all

please do not check my grammar, i am writing about Spongebob here i'm not a perfect writer.


No comments:

Post a Comment