Thursday, September 8, 2011

This is me...

I was thinking last night. I think of all the things I have to do and what not.
I am a wife , a mother, a sister, a daughter, a step daughter, a grand daughter, a niece, a cousin, a friend,a sister in law, daughter in law and friend.  I am funny, sweet, cranky, boring at times, i can be organized, i am mostly dis organized, i like to have fun but , find myself boring more times than not.  my kids think i'm awesome when they don't think i'm being mean lol, I am compassionate, and at times hard, i'm emotional, i can be weak that is why my husband is my rock.  I think of all these roles I have a responsibility to.  There are ones that take priority to others. I live my life the best I can and there are times I let one of these responsibilities slip.  There are days that I am lazy and don't want any of them. I am blessed to have them all.  But the one I never want to falter is my greatest responsibility a debt that I myself can never repay. A debt that was made years before I was a thought. A debt so great that I am constantly humbled by. A man who did no wrong in his life. The son of the Almighty Great I am . He hung on a cross for the sins I had not yet committed. So as I tell you my greatest role in my life remember that this may be your goal in life. Maybe , you are on the fence about certain issues. The role in my life that is what I strive for, that i breathe for, that I would give everything up for. The only  thing in my life that keeps me going on the days that I want to give up , throw in the towel. The one role in my life that has given me life eternal.  I am a daughter not just any daughter I am daughter of the Great King, the Lord of Lords, the King of all Kings. I was washed clean the day I took him into my heart.  I put my faith in someone I have never met. I have never touched his robes . I have never seen his face.  I have never breathed his scent. I have felt his arms, I have felt his presence , I have seen his miracles everyday in my life.  I have witnessed his great comforting. I am a daughter of the King. I don't take this role lightly. I strive to love others with the love he showed this sinner. I have messed up and will again. But, I know that when this world is cruel , cold and unforgiving of my tresspasses. My father forgives me . When this world is unloving and distant. I am resting in his hands. When the world lets me fall and get dirty. He carries me in his mighty arms, he cleans me and shows me his greatness. When noone in this world wants to listen. He always listens to my struggles, my heartaches, my pain, my successes, my dreams, and my prayers for the future. He guides me in my life. He helps me be a wife and mother. He has supplied me with all that I need. He shows me beauty in a world that has so much ugliness to offer.
I am daughter to the King.  He has made me a princess not by a simple prayer but by providing me with grace.  He has stood by my side when the world turned their back on me. When I had nothing to offer Him but a sin filled life. He took me and showed me his awesomeness.  When I couldn't find words he gave them to me. When I couldn't find love He provided me with undying love.  I am a daughter to the King. That is the best role he has provided me with . And I will boast in him until the day that he brings me home. When I stand in his presence I pray that my father the King looks at me and says my daughter, my princess job well done.  I pray that with all that he has given me I can share with my children. I pray for them to be mighty sons of the King. That they see him for what he is. I pray they take his hand and walk with him. I want to leave a legacy for my future grandchildren , great grand children. My children and my husband are mine to teach and show Gods love through. I am a daughter to the King and that is a great responsibility and a role that should not be taken lightly. God has been good to me through the hard times and good. I will forever be in debt to the mighty Father that sent his son. His son , his only son to die on the cross for a daughter not yet born. When he hung on that cross my sins and my name were on his lips and in his mind. He gave himself for me. I pray that I make him proud in my choices, and my words, and in my actions.
Today as I sit here typing this I have a list of things a mile long to do . I wanted to take this time and praise and boast of my King....my father.

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year Brianna. I hope your 2012 is super blessed! Can't wait to see you in January!

    ReplyDelete